Data Warehousing and Automation
A data warehouse collects, organizes and makes data available for the purpose of analysis and gives organizations the ability to access and analyze information about its business. The function of the data warehouse is to consolidate and reconcile information from across disparate business units and IT systems and provide a context for reporting and analysis.
Defining the road map for a data warehouse initiative may include assessment of technology and infrastructure, as-is documentation, business requirements gathering, use case development, and reporting requirements analysis.
Common initiatives include the following:
- Defining data warehouse architectural design
- Data warehouse processes and sourcing
- Extraction, transformation, analytics, and loading of data sources
- Planning, assessment, product installation and tuning
- Prototype development, deployment, data cleansing, data mart development and support
- Data migration, integration with data mining
- Integration with business intelligence tools, artificial intelligence, and/or systems
- Data scrubbing
- Data transformation
- Training and knowledge transfer